British Canoeing Coach Award Assessments
Channel Training offer a range of professional, supportive and relaxed assessments at excellent venues. We have access to our modern, comfortable, water-side centre for sheltered water assessments and have the beautiful Exmoor and North Devon rivers, estuaries and coastline for open, moderate and advanced water assessments.
We assess the disciplines we love and take part in regularly in and out of the work environment, so you can rest assured your assessor will be current and a very active paddler. Below is a list of dates for upcoming assessments, but do get in touch if you’d like to arrange your own assessment at a venue of your choice.
The following information is meant to give you a guide to ensure you book onto the right assessment – if you are at all unsure, please do not hesitate to get in touch for further details.
The following is a list of assessments we deliver with the associated prerequisites:
- Canoe Coach (Sheltered Water) – 1 Day First Aid
- Kayak Coach (Sheltered Water) – 1 Day First Aid
- Canoe and Kayak Coach (Sheltered Water) – 1 Day First Aid
- Open Water Canoe Coach – 2 Day First Aid + Canoe Leader or 4 Star equivalent
- White Water Canoe Coach – 2 Day First Aid + Canoe Leader or 4 Star equivalent
- Sea Kayak Coach – 2 Day First Aid + Sea Kayak Leader or 4 Star equivalent
- Advanced Sea Kayak Coach – 2 Day First Aid + Advanced Sea Kayak Leader or 5 Star equivalent
You will also be required to complete the British Canoeing ‘Assessment Check in’ a simple, quick and free process that just double checks all prerequisites are in place. This is required for any assessment and can be completed at any time. Click the British Canoeing logo to take you through to the check-in page.
At assessment, candidates will be required to complete the following assessment tasks – all assessments are 1 day in duration.
- Assessment Discussion Task
- Practical Coaching
- Rescue Skills
- Personal Skills
- Background Knowledge, Understanding and Experience
Full details can be found at the British Canoeing Website by clicking on the logo below.