Bentley Copse Activity Centre
Bentley Copse Activity Centre is a 28 acre campsite in the Surrey Hills. We provide activities, camping and accommodation for scouts, guides, schools and birthday parties. Our activities include climbing, archery, rifle shooting and high ropes elements among others. For full details see their website.
Bentley Copse Activity Centre are looking for two Outdoor Activity Instructors for a 12-18 month Apprenticeship starting in April. You will be trained and supported to deliver a range of outdoor and adventure activities as well as learning about the general running of a busy centre.
While working at Bentley Copse Activity Centre, you could obtain the following qualifications:
- 2 Day ITC Level 3 Award in Outdoor First Aid
- Mountain Training Hill Skills
- Manual Handling Awareness
- COSHH Awareness
- Level 1 Food Safety and Hygiene
- Level 1 Safeguarding Children
The range of NGB awards available are dependent upon individual and employer aspirations.
Accommodation and full uniform is provided.
Day to Day Duties:
- Setting up and Delivering Activities
- Site Work as directed by Centre Manager
- Administration; taking booking, answering the phone, helping customers.
- Cleaning of accommodation and toilets on-site
- Serving of meals to large groups and schools
- Setting up for large events such as putting up tents for large schools
- Maintenance of activity equipment
- Maintenance of centre
Who we are looking for:
Personal qualities needed:
- Outgoing, approachable, well presented, friendly, committed, enthusiastic, independent, fit and keen to learn.
- A positive drive to develop your personal skills in adventurous activities is essential.
- An interest in outdoor activities.
Desirable skills and qualifications, but not essential:
- Some experience in outdoor activities
- 5 GCSE’s (A* – C / 4 – 9)
- Driving license and own transport
Essential skills and qualifications:
- A passion for personal development through outdoor activities
- Minimum of GCSE English and Mathematics grade 3 or D
Successful completion of an apprenticeship with Bentley Copse would give you a good knowledge of working in the outdoor activity industry. We would look to keep apprentices on upon completion should they wish to stay or support them to move onto another job role within the industry.
An essential part of working in the outdoor and active leisure industries is taking your own skills development seriously. This means that successful candidates are usually those who can show a clear commitment to improving their personal skill in activities and working towards coaching awards.
A job in the outdoor and active leisure industry is an exciting and rewarding one, but you need to be ready to get totally involved. This will mean being flexible over hours – we often work evenings or weekends – and flexible over roles – we’re as likely to be on the end of a brush or mop as we are on the end of a rope!
Ask lots of questions to make sure you know what to expect from this varied and exciting opportunity.
Hourly rate: Apprentice National Minimum Wage
Working Hours: 35 hours a week (annualised hours). Can include weekends and evenings.
Closing Date: 14th February 2020
Interview Date: 1st March 2020
Possible Start Date: 1st April 2020
If you wish to apply, please send your CV along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org