Outdoor Activity Instructor Apprentice (Taunton based)
Channel Adventure requires an Outdoor Activity Instructor Apprentice to support the day to day business. The apprentice role will work across the Channel Adventure area of the Channel Group. The Channel Group comprises Channel Training Ltd, Channel Adventure Ltd (a wholly owned subsidiary) and Channel Events (a community interest company). Channel Adventure Ltd offers a full range of adventurous activities from its bases in Minehead and Taunton.
For the role description please click here.
Training package incudes but is not limited to:
- Level 3 Outdoor Instructor Apprenticeship
- ITC Level 3 Award in Outdoor First Aid (16hrs)
- Managing Health and Safety in the Outdoors
- Customer Care Training
- Prevent Training
- HSQE Manual Handling Awareness
- HSQE COSHH Awareness
- HSQE Fire Safety Awareness
- HSQE Level 1 Food Safety and Hygiene
- HSQE Level 1 Safeguarding Children
- British Canoeing Discover / Explore
- British Canoeing Foundation Safety and Rescue Training (FSRT)
- British Canoeing Paddle-sport Instructor Course
There will also be additional in-house training in a range of activities such as: Archery, Axe throwing, tree climbing, bush craft, camping and expedition skills.
Location: Predominantly the COACH centre, Taunton. However, working at our Minehead centre and DofE expeditions is required.
Contract: 13 months, with annualised hours of 37.5 per week average, paying £4.15 per hour.
Closing date: 12pm on Friday 26th February 2021, with online interviews planned for 5th March 2021.
Start date: 31st March 2021
To Apply: Email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
Further information on the Apprenticeship Standard can be found above but will be available at the point of interview. If you have any questions, please contact the team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01643 708715.