- Advanced Sea Kayak Leader & OWTP
15th August 2020 - 19th August 2020
9:30 am - 5:00 pm
The Advanced sea kayak leader training course is brilliant – the reality is though, the syllabus is just too extensive to cover fully in a weekend. That’s where our five day course really gives you an advantage, we have time to not only develop you as a leader but also develop you as a paddler. We’re one of the few providers in the country that can deliver Paddlesport Instructor (Level 1), Coach Award (Level 2) and Performance Coach (Level 3) Courses – so we really do understand coaching as well as leadership, meaning we’re able to develop all aspects of your performance.
Your course will be based on the incredible North Devon and Exmoor Coastlines – a real sea kayakers paradise. We really do have it all from; the second largest tidal range in the world, tide races, fantastic rock hopping, England’s highest sea cliffs, stunning deserted beaches, amazing wildlife, to some of the best surf beaches in Europe, all on the doorstep waiting for you!
Things to get excited about your course!
- We’re teaming up with Nick Cunliffe from Kayak Essentials based on Anglesey – who will be directing the course. Nick is an incredibly experienced provider who has paddled all over the world. He’s also produced the excellent sea kayaking resource – Sea kayaking essentials Volume 1& 2.
- There is more time, so you will receive more individual attention and get a more personalised action plan.
- You can put the OWTP into practise over the five days – we find information retention is much better this way rather than doing it in one day and then not doing anything with it for a couple of months. We can’t promise but if the weather cooperates and the team is up for it we may well look to make the crossing to LUNDY ISLAND!
- You will have the opportunity to lead a lot throughout the course – this will really help personalise your action plan and give you clear areas for development based on actual observation rather than assumption.
- SURF! We have some of the most consistent surf breaks in Europe and we know and love them all. Leadership and personal skills in surf can be a real challenge for most people so they often try and avoid it – but, surfing sea kayaks is just about the best thing you can do, ever! So we want to make sure you love the waves as much as we do as a paddler and a leader – don’t just survive, thrive!
- Did we mention your course will be run in arguably one of the most stunning corners of the UK? So why not bring your partner or the whole family – there is plenty for non-paddlers to do as well as a full range of accommodation options.
Don’t just “get it done”, do it right, learn lots of new skills, ideas and techniques and have a ton of fun while you’re at it!
For booking just follow the book now link – or get in touch at:
E: email@example.com T: 01643708715
Click the picture for a little taste of what’s in store for you when you book this great course.
Venue: The Depot Mullacott