- Paddlesport Instructor Award - Taunton
27th April 2019 - 28th April 2019
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Paddlesport Instructor Award - Hawkhirst
8th March 2019 - 9th March 2019
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
This fun, interesting and informative course prepares paddlers for; running taster sessions in very sheltered water conditions, with the support of a more qualified deployer or coach.
The course will be delivered by experienced coach educators with a background in teaching and will be based at fantastic, comfortable waterside centres. This course has the training and assessment incorporated into the two days, so on successful completion you are ready to go! Full qualification details can be found here by clicking on the logo:
What’s included in the price:
- High quality teaching and learning resources throughout
- Support throughout from two qualified teachers who understand learning and paddling
- Access to range of boats – feel free to bring your own though
- Warm, comfortable, clean and modern waterside facilities
- High quality classroom facilities
- Access to winter wetsuits, cags etc. if required
- There is also potential for pick up from Taunton train station by prior arrangement
- British Canoeing administration fees
What’s not included in the price:
- Home Nations membership fee
- Registration fee
- Food – although there is an excellent cafe on site and a range of food shops just a short walk away.
Before you book you need to make sure the following pre-requisites have been met:
- Foundation Safety and Rescue Training prior to attending the course – if you are attending an FSRT course within a couple of weeks of the Paddlesport Instructor Award course, please ask the provider for the course number so we have a record of it.
- Explore Award or Two Star award (or higher) in Canoe and/or Kayak or Paddlepower Discover.
- Register for the course – found on the above link (British Canoe Logo)
- British Canoeing Membership in place .
Any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch – E:firstname.lastname@example.org T:01643708715
Venue: COACH in Taunton.
Centre for Outdoor Activity & Community Hub (COACH), French Weir Ave, Taunton TA1 1XF.
Getting to COACH in Taunton
Our centre at COACH is an urban green space with an ethos on healthy outdoor lifestyles – with this in mind there are a host of parking options a short walk away but none at the centre.
For weekend courses we recommend parking in the Castle Sports Centre Carpark where you are only a short walk through Longrun Meadow to the centre – keep a look out for the large Oak barn, keep this on your left as you walk towards the river.
Follow the signs for the leisure centre and not the college – parking is £1 per day or free on a Sunday at the time of writing.
Car Park address: Castle School, Wellington Road, TA15AU
There is also free parking in nearby residential areas (not French Weir Avenue) but please park considerately.