- Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally-Related Achievement
3rd December 2019
8:55 am - 4:50 pm
The 1st4sport Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally-Related Achievement assesses learning and development of practitioners’ performances in carrying out assessments of vocational skills, knowledge and understanding in environments other than the work environment (e.g. a workshop, classroom or other training environment). The qualification is transferable to any sector the practitioner has occupational competence in, and provides a national benchmark of good practice for England.
Who’s the course for?
Anyone looking to assess Nationally recognised awards, such as First Aid Qualifications and National Governing Body Qualifications, for example; if you’re looking to becoming a British Canoeing Paddlesport Instructor and/or Coach Award Tutor. Or maybe you’re looking to support learner assessment within a formal educational establishment, such as a BTEC programme within a school or college.
What makes our course different?
Our courses are specifically aimed at professionals working in the outdoor industry rather than a generic course often run by many other providers. Your course will be delivered by outdoor specialists that have decades of current experience and hold many high-level National Governing Body Awards across a range of disciplines.
Things to get excited about!
- We hate tick lists, we genuinely want you to enjoy the process and most importantly use it to inform your practice. This isn’t just a job for us we are passionate about learning and development, ensuring you get a high-quality industry recognised award.
- Your course will be run by current, engaging and enthusiastic tutors with decades of experience.
- Your course will be run at British Canoeing HQ at the National Water sports Centre in Nottingham – a modern, comfortable facility with excellent motorway links. .
- We run our courses in the week as we know weekends are typically busy times for outdoor professionals.
- You’ll receive a range of useful, high quality resources, to help support and develop your practice.
- You’ll be supported throughout the process by a dedicated tutor who is on hand to answer any questions you may have during your programme.
- You can, where appropriate to do so, shadow industry professionals running a variety of different programmes to help further your own practice.
The Qualification is divided into the following units:
- Understanding the principles and practices of assessment – Accreditation No. D/601/5313 – Credits 3
- Assess vocational skills, knowledge and understanding – Accreditation No. F/601/5319 – Credits 9
This is a three day course, with the first two days being face to face and we will cover the core concepts behind assessing vocationally related achievement. You will then receive a personalised action plan, independent development tasks and agree a course of action with your tutor, leading to your final observation at your training venue or place of work – the third day.
If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to get in touch, we’d love to hear from you.