Hesley Wood Scout Activity Centre
Hesley Wood Scout Activity Centre are looking for an apprentice outdoor activity instructor for a 12-17 month apprenticeship starting the beginning of April 2019.
We deliver a range of activities including archery, climbing, low ropes and water activities. To find out more about the centre please see our website
Hesley Wood is located in Sheffield, South Yorkshire and is a 132-acre estate comprising of mixed woodland and camping fields. It is bordered by woodland and township. It has purpose built residential centres that sleep up to 110 people.
The activity centre is owned and operated by South Yorkshire County Scout Council, and as such you are an employee of South Yorkshire County Scout Council.
Hesley Wood holds, Learning Outside the Classroom (LOtC) and Adventuremark accreditations, recognising it as a provider of quality, safely managed educational experiences for young people.
While working at Hesley Wood you will obtain the following qualifications:
• 2 Day ITC Level 3 Award in Outdoor First Aid
• Safeguarding training and certificate
• Manual Handling (ITC Level 2 Award in safe moving and handling)
• ITC Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the workplace
• COSHH Training
• Customer Care Training
• Prevent Training
• British Canoeing 2* / Discover / Explore
• British Canoeing Foundation Safety and Rescue Training (FSRT)
• British Canoeing Paddlesport Instructor Course
• Climbing Wall Instructor Award Training
• A range of NGB awards dependent upon individual and employer aspirations
Day to Day Duties:
- Assisting with activities
- Assisting with the cleaning and maintenance of equipment
- Liaising with customers and other members of staff
Desirable skills and qualifications, but not essential:
- Some experience in outdoor activities
- 5 GCSE’s
- Advanced Qualifications
- Instructor Role
- Links with other outdoor providers, centres and clubs.
Hourly rate: Apprentice National Minimum Wage
Working Hours: A minimum of 35 hours per week.
Closing Date: 5pm on Friday 22nd February 2019
Interview Date: Interviews will be held week commencing 25th February 2019 at Hesley Wood Scout Activity Centre. We will contact successful applicants after the closing date to confirm the date and time of the interview.
Click here for the full application pack
Please ensure in your application form, that you provide a statement as to why you believe you are suitable for the role and what you believe you could bring to the post. Ensure you address the points in the personal specification.
Please return the completed application form and any additional information that you feel supports your application to Edwin Buttimer, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mark the email ‘Confidential for addressee only’.
Applications can also be posted to; Edwin Buttimer, Hesley Wood Scout Activity Centre, White Lane, Chapeltown, Sheffield, S35 2YH. Please mark as ‘Confidential for Addressee Only’
Please note that if you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Any questions please contact Karen at Channel Training on 01643 708715