So you’ve always liked the idea of working as an outdoor instructor – and who would blame you? We all felt like that – and still do – for good reason. It’s the best job in the world.
You get to work with passionate, bright people in some of the UK’s most stunning places. You are constantly challenged with new situations and opportunities. You feel the reward every day of helping other people develop skills, become more confident and have fun in the outdoors. You work with a huge cross section of society and with children, young people and adults. Your team is like-minded and working close together you make friendships that will last a lifetime.
An Apprenticeship provided by Channel Training is an excellent way into this exciting industry. You may already know where you’d like to work or you may want to look at several vacancies with our partner centres and find one that’s right for you. Right from the beginning we will support and advise you. Our only interest is in you finding the right path for yourself – even if that isn’t an Apprenticeship. That’s what you get from outdoor specialists who care deeply about our industry and the people in it.
Get in touch today for a no obligation conversation with one of our team. We’ll point you in the right direction.
Information, Advice and Guidance: Our commitment to you.
As a training provider we see information, advice and guidance (IAG)as key to a successful outcome for all our apprentices. With our wealth of experience in the outdoor sector as well as the world of work more widely, we are in a prime position to help you achieve your goals.
Channel Training will:
● Signpost opportunities for you both within and beyond our sector.
● Support you with your career and personal choices both now and in the future.
● Ensure all our IAG is impartial and learner centred to assist you in making appropriate career decisions which are informed and well thought through.
● Give IAG on skills, knowledge and behaviours required for your apprenticeship as well as wider IAG on finance, safeguarding, customer service etc. This will give you the skills to be successful at your apprenticeship placement as well as any future employment.
● Ensure your tutors are experienced, professional and knowledgeable, to give you IAG tailored to your requests.
Your Channel Training Tutors will:
● Identify barriers you may have and how to overcome them, giving you the confidence, skills and motivation to manage your own career development expectations.
● Offer information in a format that suits you, be that verbal, written or electronic.
● Be responsive to your needs in a timely fashion, so that you get the information you need, when you need it.
Find out more about our exciting range of outdoor apprenticeships by clicking the links below, or get in touch for more information.
Ferny Crofts Scout Activity Centre
Scout Activity Centre in the heart of the New Forest National Park.
Mount Batten Centre – Plymouth
Uniquely positioned close to the picturesque Plymouth Sound, for the perfect outdoor education setting.
Anderton Centre – Lancashire
Watersports Activity Centre located in Lancashire’s mini Lake District
Andrew Simpsons Centre – Portsmouth & Reading
Watersports Centre located in Portsmouth & Reading
Channel Adventure – Taunton based
Outdoor Activity Centre based in Taunton and Minehead
Recent Vlog News
Channel Training deliver high quality employer-focused apprenticeships in the workplace. We have been continuously developing an effective apprenticeship and training offer shaping how apprenticeships work for employers today.
Outdoor Activity Instructor Standard
For those supervising and guiding children and adults in activities and pastimes such as; canoeing, kayaking, climbing, cycling, walking, archery, bushcraft and more.
Community Activator Coach Standard
This unpins occupations such as Activator, Sports Coach, Activity Leader, Community Worker and Outreach Officers. This role is predominantly in sport for social change in the sport and physical activity sector; local authorities; sports clubs; leisure centres; youth work agencies; housing associations and outdoor education centres.
Events Assistant Standard
Perfect for those helping to organise conferences, meetings, group activities, weddings, outdoors and sporting events, lifestyle events, health and more.