Apprenticeships have always been something of a mystery for the outdoor industry. Central to this is the reality that outdoor centres are places that are themselves experts in teaching and learning. Centres already run their own effective training programmes perfected over season after season of recruitment. They prepare instructors to do their job in a way no external provider can do. So why do Apprenticeships?
Outdoor Centres that do find many benefits:
- The involvement of a specialist training provider brings new levels of support for developing staff
- The framework or standard gives a broad and inclusive picture of the industry
- Structured learning and assessment on accredited programmes provides academic breadth to professional development and encourages progression to Higher Education
- The Apprentice National Minimum Wage means pay can be structured in a way that reflects the significant commitment needed from the employer to train someone new
- Employers can be more confident to grow new, young talent and draw staff from their community
Why choose Channel Training?
Our company was created to deliver Apprenticeships in a genuinely employer and learner responsive way. Our directors come from a background in the outdoor sector, mainstream education and FE. We know the frustrations associated with the traditional model of Apprenticeship delivery and strive to make the system work for our employers – because Apprenticeships do work, and we absolutely believe in them. And so do the many outdoor centres that we’ve worked with over the years.
- Work with a specialist outdoor training company, not a college
- Get the benefits of government funded training without the hassle
- Access our wider training offer for NGB training and qualification
Apprenticeships coming as soon as they are approved for funding:
Get in touch with us today for a no obligation consultation and get some government funded training into your business.
Recent Vlog News
If you’d like to explore what apprenticeships could look like for your outdoor company, get in touch today to discuss your options.read more
Recent Blog News
The new British Canoeing Coach Awards were launched at the start of 2018, replacing the former Level 2 Coach Award, Moderate and Advanced water endorsements. We've run Core Coach Award training and Discipline Specific training courses; these courses are well resourced...read more
Get in touch
As an employer, you will probably already be aware of the changes taking place with regard to apprenticeships – namely the introduction of standards and a move away from frameworks.
We’ve been involved in the development of the new standards for the outdoor industry so have an excellent understanding of how they may fit within your organisation.
There is no need to wait, wonder or guess what will happen, just pick up the phone and give us a call or send us an email; we’d be delighted to chat through your options.
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The apprenticeship scheme results in a greater number of potential future outdoor practitioners being harnessed before they are lost to other industries
– Gethin Williams – Head of Centre, Pendine Outdoors