Malvern Outdoor Elements
Malvern Outdoor Elements are inspired by the great outdoors. They offer high ropes and zip wires, abseiling, climbing and orienteering, mountain walking and grass sledging, kayaking, bush and water crafts, and lots more, all with a focus on team working, leadership, building independence, self-confidence and facilitating exploration.
Malvern Outdoor Elements in West Malvern are looking for 4 Outdoor Activity Instructor apprentices for a 12-18 month apprenticeship starting September 2019.
- 3 apprenticeship posts will be based at Malvern Outdoor Elements.
- 1 apprenticeship post will be based at Bell Heath Outdoor Elements near Belbroughton, (the first 6 months will be based at Malvern Outdoor Elements) transportation will be necessary for this post.
To find out more about the centre see their website.
While working at Malvern you could obtain the following qualifications:
• 2 Day ITC Level 3 Award in Outdoor First Aid
• Safeguarding training and certificate
• Manual Handling (ITC Level 2 Award in safe moving and handling)
• ITC Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the workplace
• COSHH Training
• Customer Care Training
• Prevent Training
• British Canoeing 2* / Discover / Explore
• British Canoeing Foundation Safety and Rescue Training (FSRT)
• British Canoeing Paddlesport Instructor Course
• Climbing Wall Instructor Award Training
• A range of NGB awards dependent upon individual and employer aspirations
You must be committed to developing a career working with young people in the outdoors.
Day to Day Duties:
- Assisting with activities
- Assisting with the cleaning and maintenance of equipment
- Liaising with customers and other members of staff
Desirable skills and qualifications, but not essential:
- Some experience in outdoor activities
- 5 GCSE’s
- Own transport
- Advanced qualifications
- Full time instructor role
- Links with other outdoor providers, centres and clubs.
Hourly rate: Apprentice National Minimum Wage £3.90 per hour
Working Hours: 30 hours per week (can include evenings and weekends)
Closing Date: Friday 14th June 2019
Interview Date: Week commencing Monday 24th June 2019
For further information, or any questions about this role, please contact James West, Operations Manager on 01684 574546 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to apply, please complete the application form and return it to James West directly via email. email@example.com