Mount Batten Watersports and Activities Centre
Mount Batten Centre, Plymouth are looking for 4 apprentice Outdoor Activity Instructors for a 12-18 month Apprenticeship Standard to start in April 2021. This amazing centre is positioned close to Plymouth Sound and offers plenty of exciting activities.
The centre delivers a huge range of land and water based activities including stand up paddleboarding, kayaking, windsurfing, rock climbing and gorge walking. For full details see their website.
While working at Mount Batten you will have opportunities to work towards the following qualifications
• 2 Day ITC Level 3 Award in Outdoor First Aid
- Managing Health and Safety in the Outdoors
• HSQE Safeguarding Children certificate
• HSQE Manual Handling Awareness
• HSQE Award in Health and Safety in the workplace
• HSQE COSHH Awareness
- HSQE Fire Safety Awareness
• Customer Care Training
• Prevent Training
• British Canoeing 2* / Discover / Explore
• British Canoeing Foundation Safety and Rescue Training (FSRT)
• British Canoeing Paddlesport Instructor Course
- British Canoeing Stand up Paddleboard Discipline Support Module
- British Canoeing Bellboat Helm
- British Canoeing Paddlesport Leader
- Royal Yachting Association Powerboat Level 2
- In-house training within Rock Climbing & Abseiling, Soft Archery, Slack-lining, Orienteering, Navigation.
• A range of NGB awards dependent upon individual and employer aspirations
You must be committed to developing a career working with young people in the outdoors.
Day to Day Duties:
- Assisting with activities
- Assisting with the cleaning and maintenance of equipment
- Liaising with customers and other members of staff
Skills and qualifications:
- Some experience in outdoor activities
- Desirable – 5 GCSEs A*- C / 4-9
Essential – Have completed or be working towards Level 2 in English & Maths
- Advanced qualifications
- Full Time instructor role
- Links with other outdoor providers, centres and clubs.
Hourly rate: Apprentice National Minimum Wage
Working Hours: 30 hours per week on an annualised contract including weekend and evening working. Expectation is that apprentices will work more hours during the summer peak season and fewer during the spring and winter training periods.
Age: 17 years old and over
Closing Date: 7th April 2021
Interview Date: 9th April 2021
Start Date: 26th April 2021
If you wish to apply, please complete the application form and return it to email@example.com
Any questions please contact Karen at Channel Training on 01643 708715