Thriftwood Scout Campsite & Activity Centre
Thriftwood Scout Campsite & Activity Centre are looking to recruit 2 outdoor activity instructors for a 12-18 month apprenticeship starting the mid March 2019.
This is a live in position
Thriftwood provide adventure for all within 96 acres of idyllic woodland, with both land and water based activities all year round. To find out more about the centre visit their website.
As an outdoor activity instructor at Thriftwood Scout Campsite & Activity Centre you can look forward to:
- Delivering land and water activities to a wide range of customers from aged 6 upwards.
- Instructors deliver taster sessions through to progressional courses.
- Living on-site as part of a team of apprentices and volunteers.
- Woodland based campsite and activity centre.
- Being close to Amenities and National Rail Line.
While working at Thriftwood Scout Campsite & Activity Centre you could obtain the following qualifications:
- 2 Day ITC Level 3 Award in Outdoor First Aid
- Safeguarding training and certificate
- Manual Handling (ITC Level 2 Award in safe moving and handling)
- ITC Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the workplace
- COSHH Training
- Customer Care Training
- Prevent Training
- British Canoeing 2* / Discover / Explore
- British Canoeing Foundation Safety and Rescue Training (FSRT)
- British Canoeing Paddlesport Instructor Course
- Climbing Wall Instructor Award Training
- Mountain Training Hills Skills Training
- A range of NGB awards dependent upon individual and employer aspirations
Day to Day Duties:
- Preparing activity sessions.
- Delivering activity sessions.
- Assisting in the running of the centre, facilitating the customer’s needs.
- Checking and maintaining equipment.
- Cleaning and preparing residential facilities.
- Site maintenance
Desirable skills and qualifications, but not essential:
- Some experience in outdoor activities
- A passion for personal development through outdoor activities
- 5 GCSE’s
Using the experience gained on the apprenticeship to gain a summer instructor position at Thriftwood or moving on to a new centre either within Scouting or the wider sector.
Hourly rate: Apprentice National Minimum Wage
Working Hours: A minimum of 36 hours per week over 6 days. Will include evening and some weekend work.
Closing Date: Thursday 28th February 2019
Interview Date: Week commencing Monday 4th March 2019
Potential Start Date: Friday 15th March 2019
If you wish to apply, please complete the application form and return it to email@example.com
Any questions please contact Karen at Channel Training on 01643 708715