Boundless Outdoors are looking for four apprentice outdoor activity instructors for a 12-18 month apprenticeship starting in September 2020.
With outdoor adventure centres in Bell Heath and Malvern, Boundless Outdoors activity centres are at the heart of outdoor learning in north and south Worcestershire within easy access for groups from across the West Midlands region.
The centre delivers a huge range of activities e.g mountain walking, climbing wall, tree climbing, assault course, archery, problem-solving, grass sledging and orienteering. For more information please visit their website.
This post will also require the candidates to work in an assistant capacity across the site to obtain an all-round knowledge of centre based work.
While working at Boundless Outdoors you will obtain the following qualifications:
• 2 Day ITC Level 3 Award in Outdoor First Aid
• Safeguarding training and certificate
• Manual Handling (ITC Level 2 Award in safe moving and handling)
• ITC Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the workplace
• COSHH Training
• Customer Care Training
• Prevent Training
• British Canoeing 2* / Discover / Explore
• British Canoeing Foundation Safety and Rescue Training (FSRT)
• British Canoeing Paddlesport Instructor Course
• Climbing Wall Instructor Award Training
• A range of NGB awards dependent upon individual and employer aspirations
Day to Day Duties:
- Assisting with running activity sessions
- Activity Training
- Assisting with the cleaning and maintenance of equipment
- Grounds maintenance
- Liaising with customers and other members of staff
Desirable skills and qualifications, but not essential:
- Some experience in outdoor activities
- 5 GCSE’s
- Advanced Qualifications
- Instructor Role
- Links with other outdoor providers, centres and clubs.
Hourly rate: Apprentice National Minimum Wage
Working Hours: A minimum of 30 hours per week.
Closing Date: 5pm on Friday 19th June 2020
Interview Date: Interviews will be held week commencing 9th July 2020 (pending Covid-19 restrictions). We will contact successful applicants after the closing date to confirm the date and time of the interview.
Please could candidates contact Boundless Outdoors via email for an application pack. firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that if you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Any questions please contact Karen at Channel Training – email@example.com