An exciting new opportunity in Staffordshire to work and learn the skills necessary to become an outdoor instructor!
Entrust Outdoors has a fifty-year pedigree of providing high quality outdoor education for children, young people and adults, with the skills and expertise to deliver a wide range of outcome focused activities. Entrust Outdoors have 4 exciting, residential centres spread across Staffordshire and an increasing number of temporary camps, all with ready access to a range of stunning natural locations throughout the UK. They encourage all their visitors to take on our ‘Explore and Inspire’ theme and follow their own path of discovery and adventure. All their activities are led by highly qualified, passionate, and active outdoor practitioners with great experience and some of this country’s leading professional awards and training. This year they are looking to take on 2 Outdoor Activity Instructor Apprentices to train and develop.
While working at Entrust you will be supported by both your employer and Channel Training the Training Provider. You will be working towards your Level 3 Outdoor Activity Instructor qualification and will have the opportunity to obtain qualifications such as:
- ITC Level 3 Award in Outdoor First Aid (16hrs)
- Managing Health and Safety in the Outdoors
- Customer Care Training
- Prevent Training
- HSQE Manual Handling Awareness
- HSQE COSHH Awareness
- HSQE Fire Safety Awareness
- HSQE Level 1 Food Safety and Hygiene
- HSQE Level 1 Safeguarding Children
- British Canoeing Discover / Explore
- British Canoeing Foundation Safety and Rescue Training (FSRT)
- British Canoeing Paddlesport Instructor Course
- Mountain Training Hills Skills Training
- Other awards dependent upon individual and employer aspirations
Day to Day Duties:
- Observing and assisting with a variety of outdoor activities in both centre and natural environments, leading to the authorisation to run these activities independently.
- Assist with general centre tasks such as keeping the centre tidy, looking after equipment, tuck shop & site maintenance.
- Assisting with customer care and giving them the best experience possible.
- Working towards completing Apprenticeship work as well as a range of training and qualifications such as First Aid, Safeguarding, Health & Safety, National Governing Body awards (NGB’s).
About the Candidate
Desirable – some experience in outdoor activities.
Essential – a passion for personal development through outdoor activities.
Desirable – 5 GCSEs A*- C / 4-9
Essential – minimum of Level 1 in English & Maths (equivalent of GCSE grade 3 or D/E)
Outgoing, approachable, well presented, friendly, committed, enthusiastic, independent, fit and keen to learn. A positive drive to develop your personal skills in adventurous activities is essential.
Following successful completion of the programme, it is likely that this will lead to a period of full-time instructional employment with Entrust Outdoors.
- Standon Bowers OEC, Weston Lane, Staffs, ST21 6RD
- Laches Wood OEC, Laches Lane, Slade Heath, Wolverhampton, WV10 7PA
Weekly Wage: £169.00
Uniform and some meals provided
Working Hours: 37.5 hours a week – annualised (will include weekends and evenings and weekly hours will vary)
Closing Date: 13th March 2020
Interview Date: 16th – 19th March 2020
Potential Start Date: April 2020
If you wish to apply, please send your CV along with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org