Outdoor Activity Instructor Apprenticeship
Ackers Adventure is a unique activity centre located just two miles from Birmingham city centre. Ackers Adventure has a wide range of activities at their centre including Snowsports, Watersports and various other land based activities.
While working at Ackers Adventure you will be supported by both Ackers Adventure and Channel Training. You will work towards your Level 3 Outdoor Activity Instructor qualification and will have the opportunity to obtain qualifications such as:
- 2 Day ITC Level 3 Award in Outdoor First Aid
- Safeguarding training and certificate
- Manual Handling (ITC Level 2 Award in safe moving and handling)
- ITC Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the workplace
- COSHH Training
- Customer Care Training
- Prevent Training
- British Canoeing Foundation Safety and Rescue Training (FSRT)
- British Canoeing Discover
- British Canoeing Paddle sports instructor
- Climbing Wall Assistant & Instructor Award Training
- Snowsport England Level 1 Coach. (dependant on previous Skiing experience)
- Archery GB Leader award.
- Other awards dependent upon individual and employer aspirations
Day to day activities:
- Observing and assisting with a variety of outdoor activities, leading to the authorisation to run these activities independently.
- Assist with general centre tasks such as keeping the centre tidy, looking after equipment, tuck shop & site maintenance.
- Assisting with customer care and giving them the best experience possible.
- Working towards completing Apprenticeship work as well as a range of training and qualifications such as First Aid, Safeguarding, Health & Safety, National Governing Body awards (NGB’s).
To find out more about the centre please visit the Ackers Adventure website.
Desirable skills and qualifications:
- Some experience in outdoor and adventurous activities
- Experience of working with young people
- 5 GCSE’s (A – C or 4 – 9)
Essential skills and qualifications:
- A minimum of Level 1 in English & Maths (equivalent of GCSE grade 3 or D/E)
This is not a live-in position therefore own transport is required. You will also be required to work some evenings and weekends.
- Advanced Qualifications
- Instructor Role
- Links with other outdoor providers, centres and clubs.
Apprenticeship: Level 3 Outdoor Activity Instructor with additional Skills Package
Hourly rate: Apprentice National Minimum Wage
Working Hours: 40 hours per week
Closing Date: Friday 26th November 2021
Interview Date: TBC
Start date: January or February 2022
Person Specification: You must be outgoing, approachable, well presented, friendly, committed, enthusiastic, independent, fit and keen to learn. A positive drive to develop your personal skills in adventurous activities is essential.
If you wish to apply, please send your CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org