Walesby Forest is an outdoor activity centre set in over 250 acres of Sherwood Forest, with more than 80 years of heritage and a friendly team at its core. We offer young people the opportunity to enjoy more than 30 exciting activities including abseiling, climbing, watersports and quad biking. We work hard, play hard and our team spirit is legendary.
We are looking for energetic, ambitious and outgoing young people to join our residential apprenticeship programme in the heart of Sherwood Forest.
Through our partnership with Channel Training, a specialist training provider in the outdoor sector, you will receive on-site training to complete a Level 3 Outdoor Activity Instructor Standard, as well as multiple industry-recognised National Governing Body qualifications.
No previous industry experience is required – we simply require a passion for working outdoors, excellent customer services and a willingness to learn new skills.
If the thought of an apprenticeship at Walesby Forest excites you and you would love the opportunity to join a growing, fun team and earn recognised industry qualifications alongside a full-time job, then we would love to hear from you!
- To deliver activity and educational programmes in accordance with the Company Codes of Practice
- To support centre projects as part of a team, including improvements to the centre-based facilities
- To provide assistance to the centre catering and domestic services on a rotational basis
- To assist in the provision of customer service – performing Group Leader duties for visiting schools and groups etc.
- To ensure the Company’s Health and Safety policy is adhered to
- To provide First Aid cover on the centre (following training)
- To provide assistance to visiting teachers in the discharge of their welfare and pastoral care duties
- To participate and show diligence in all aspects of the Instructor Development Programme
- To undertake various National Governing Body Awarded qualifications in activities such as archery, fencing etc.
- To deliver evening entertainments sessions in accordance with Company Standards
- You will be a highly motivated, energetic and enthusiastic team player with a proven commitment to children and education
- You will have well developed interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- You will be capable of working on your own initiative and be keen to learn new skills and self-develop
- Desirable – 5 GCSEs A*- C / 4-9
- Advanced qualifications
- Full Time instructor role
- Links with other outdoor providers, centres and clubs.
Hourly rate: Apprentice National Minimum Wage – £3.90. Accommodation and food are included in this Apprenticeship Scheme
Working Hours: 40 hours a week – annualised to reflect the seasonal nature of the job (can include weekends and weekly hours will vary)
Closing Date: Friday 3rd January 2020
Interview Date: Recruitment weekend taking place 10th/11th/12th January 2020
Potential Start Date: Mid January 2020.
If you wish to apply, please send a CV an covering letter to the Walesby Forest HR officer Tara Milligan at tara.milligan@walesbyforest.